We just can’t get enough of tips to remember when networking. Keep reading, you might just learn something new.
- Rule of Sevens. You have seven seconds to make a first impression, and 14 seconds to create interest, and 21 seconds to tell your story.
- Quality over quantity. The goal isn’t to get as many business cards as possible but to have quality conversations with a few people.
- Talk less, listen more. Spend half your time listening.
- Have a goal. Why are you there? It’s also okay to share this with others.
- Treat everyone the same. Don’t ignore someone because they’re young, old, or you don’t think they could do anything for you.
- Alcohol in moderation. Let’s face it, alcohol is often present at networking gatherings. It’s even okay to have a drink. But keep it in moderation.
- Follow-Up. Send an email referencing your conversation, provide some helpful info. Better yet, send a handwritten card.
- Laugh. At yourself. Loosen up. You might actually enjoy yourself.
The more you network, the easier it gets. Every business starts out needing a little help, and there’s no better way to increase your visibility and make lasting connections than networking. Better yet, join a local networking group. It’s like automatically adding salespeople to your team without having to put them on the payroll. PNG Lincoln is an awesome networking group in Lincoln, Nebraska where local business can build relationships that makes them more successful both professionally and personally. Visit www.pnglincoln.com for more information.